Monthly Archives: March 2012
I may not be the most competitive person in the world, but I do like to win. My husband would say that I am lying and reference a dark event from our engagement. We were at an engagement retreat & had to play a communication game. The men are given a task and the girls have to give their fiancé instructions of what to do next. Apparently, I didn’t take the game seriously enough. Jady lost to a deaf man who was blindfolded. Really. Jady was not happy. I don’t care about winning like Charlie Sheen, or winning at stupid engagement retreat games. But, I do want to ‘win’ in my life. I was looking at this verse the other day:
Thanks to social media it is easy to keep up with the happenings in friends’ lives. Pictures of babies, announcements of an engagement or a big move. I love seeing things like that. What I don’t like is seeing photos of events I wasn’t invited to. You have all been there. Seeing pics of a wedding you had no idea was happening. Or looking at Instagram and seeing everyone at dinner…everyone but you that is.
That little poke of rejection that makes you cringe just a little. That happened to me this past week (thanks so much Facebook). It doesn’t matter that we don’t talk as frequently as we used to, I don’t like it when they get together without me. You begin to wonder why they all stayed friends but somehow I didn’t stay in their friendship loop. Was it because I borrowed those shoes without asking? Cause I totally apologized for that years ago…Did spring break 2002 mean nothing to them???
I know that is a reality of life. I don’t invite everyone I have ever been friends with to everything either. Maybe I forgot to invite you to a party. There are some friends from high school & college that I have stayed close to and others that I have lost touch with. Regardless, it makes me feel small and easily forgotten. I don’t like that feeling.
As I was on the verge of throwing myself a fantastic pity party and evaluating every friendship that has fizzled out since grade school, I stopped. I remembered something very important.
I remembered that God always invites me. There is never a party that He excludes me from. He always wants me and never feels some dutiful obligation. When the kingdom is having a big bash I have VIP ticket status. He looks forward to me attending and is sad when I tell Him that I am too busy to come. God never forgets to invite me. And He throws the best parties.
The internet is buzzing today about Kony 2012. In case you are among the many who don’t know who that is, watch this video. Even if you do know who it is, watch it. Yes, it is 27 minutes long. But surely you can spare 27 minutes ?
Click Here To Watch The Kony 2012 Video
Twitter, Facebook and You Tube have been flooded with people sharing the video and giving support for the Kony 2012 campaign. It is a viral movement.
The rapid spread of this issue had also gotten quite a bit of criticism. Individuals are mocking the mass of people who never seemed to care about the crisis before it became a popular cause.
A while back I wrote a post about our shoes being too small. If you missed it, you can read it here. Over the course of this past week, I have discovered that my feet aren’t fitting in my shoes. Yet again. This time it isn’t because they are too small, but rather I am wearing the completely wrong pair of shoes. Take a look at these shoes with me…( Guys, substitute in manly shoes)
Oh, these are cute. I love sporty looking girls. I love fast-paced things and the idea of energy. I think I might do well to get some running shoes.
The other day I was reading to my daughter out of her children’s Bible. We read this story & I was brought to tears. I know you have heard it a million times, but read it again. It may seem long, but read it all the way through. Read it in a child’s version – like a child would.
|God’s greatest love story. Source:Pinterest|
- Clarins Multi-Active Day Wrinkle Correcting Lotion $56
- Jergns Natural Glow FACE Daily Moisturizer $5
- Neutrogena UltraSheer Liquid SPF 55. During the spring/summer when my skin isn’t too dry, I just use sunscreen as moisturizer.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream $46 (but lasts forever)
- Cosmedicine Opti-Mologist Eye Cream w/ Light Diffusers $12
- FOR NIGHT: ROC Retinol Correction eye cream is by far the best. But it has retinol, so you should only use it at night. $20
- Olay Regenerist Night Elixir $22.50
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate $44
- Any foundation by Bobbi Brown. Most are $46, but last a very long time.
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation $8
- Tip: If you add a bit of moisturizer to your foundation you get a tinted moisturizer. Great for summertime.
- CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer $8
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer $22
- I prefer MAC eyeshadows, hands down. Tons of colors. easy to blend, stays put. $15
- MAC Fluidline Gel Pot $15
- Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Eyeliner $6
- Maybelline Volume Express The Falsies Flared Mascara $7
- Diorshow by Dior. This is the industry standard when it comes to mascara. $28
- NARS blush. $28
- L’Oreal True Match $9
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter . This feels like a lip balm & has the bold color of a lipstick $7.50
- NARS Lip Gloss. This gloss stays put like a lipstick & is worth the money. $24
- Origins Rain and Shine Liptint. The perfect lipstick/balm combo. Really natural looking. $15
|Super easy Cat Eye thanks to Pinterest|